Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Cookies

The company that I work for just started a Social Committee. I love that stuff, so I signed up right away. One of the first orders of business was, of course, Halloween.
I wanted to have a Costume Contest, but since we only have limited funds, we really didn't have anything to give as prizes.
I had just gotten all sorts of baking goodies for my birthday and was dying to try them out, so I offered to make sugar cookies for the winners. This idea was met enthusiastically.

Birthday Goodies

Couplers (6 of them!)


A tip brush


a pack of 8 gel icing colours



Disposable/reusable decorating bags (12 pack)



a set of 28 decorating tips!!!!




All of it from Wilton! What a great score!

ooh, I also picked up a set of Betty Crocker 101 cookie cutters from Kitchen Stuff Plus


So I pulled out my faithful sugar cookie recipe and got started.

I decided half way through that it would be fun to tint some of the dough. So I grabbed out my colour gels and started mixing. It was messy and very hard work to get the colour all mixed into it evenly.


But in the end, I ended up with regular, black and orange dough. The colours were really bright, but lost a bit of their colour as they baked.


It was great having so many couplers, because it allowed me to have 5 colours of icing going at once.


I used all of the Halloween shaped cookie cutters.

Ghosts and Mummies


Perfect pumpkins


Moons and Witches


Bats and Cats


Finally, after I was done and all the icing had hardened, I packaged them up so I could take them to work with me as prizes!


And you know who won?

ME!

Yes, that right, I won my own Halloween Costume Contest and my own cookies. Don't worry, I shared them with the rest of the Social Committee.
You'll never guess my costume though...

well you might


Are you surprised?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment