Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter Chocolate Worth Going To The Dark Side For

With Easter coming up this weekend, all I can think about it chocolate. Ok..ok... and jellybeans, cupcakes, truffles, my Mom's cooking... you see where I'm going with this... But mostly chocolate.

While surfing Star Wars Facebook'd, my #1 go to sight for all things silly and Star Wars, I came across this picture



Yes, that is a chocolate Millennium Falcon filled with even more chocolate.

you're drooling... 

Don't worry, I am too. Very little is actually know about these amazing chocolate treats, other than people seem to think that they're made from a toy mold. You can see that both sides are attached and then filled after through a small whole in the top.


You can see it right above the front right pointy thing? Oh man, I need to learn more about Star Wars vehicles.... Ok, they're called forward mandibles... I guess right where the sensor dish is....

let's just pretend I didn't have to look this up...
The only fact that we seem to have is that they were made by André Murrai. You can find him here on facebook. You can also find these other amazing treats that he has made



I like to think that the head of Darth Vader is filled with pistachio cream.




And that Han Solo isn't really in carbonite, it's really filled with coffee cream.


Surprisingly, out of all of them, I really want to eat the Batman one the most. I'm not sure why, but when I look at the picture of it, I can almost feel it melting in my mouth... drool...


How would you like to wake up Easter morning to find this Easter Basket waiting for you?


This is my kind of Easter :)

Thanks to Star Wars Facebook'd (and Danielle, of course), Geekologie, Wookieepedia and of course, André himself for making these amazing chocolates.

2 comments:

  1. After seeing this post I started doing some research and I'm pretty sure they're made from Star Wars ice cube trays. http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ebf9/?srp=2

    That is the falcon, but if you look the others up, you can actually see pictures of chocolate made from them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! That makes total sense!
    You solved the mystery. And now that I know, I may have to make them myself :D

    ReplyDelete