Monday, December 13, 2010

Eggnog Sugar Cookies

A couple of weeks ago, I go the chance to spend part of the day with my niece, who happens to be the most adorable little girl in the entire world!
What was even more amazing than that, was that we had our first baking experience together! We made Eggnog Sugar Cookies and man, were they good!

1/4 cup butter
1 tbs oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp rum extract (optional)
1 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt

(I didn't get to take any pictures of the process because I was having way too much fun with my niece!)
Pre heat oven to 350'
Mix butter, oil, sugar, egg, vanilla and rum extract into large bowl.
Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into smaller bowl.
Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix until formed.
Roll out dough and use festive cookie cutters and sprinkles.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Enjoy with a sweet little girl!


They turned out so cute and were super tasty!


She even got to use her Ariel cookie stamp!


Making sure everything is washed and clean! She's so helpful!


I love that her dress is all covered in flour! Looks like she bakes like I do :P


My sis serving up cookies and soy milk for us!


I'm so thankful for my day with them! I truly love being Auntie Brae <3



No comments:

Post a Comment