Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Star Wars Facebook'd BBQ

My friends and I at Star Wars Facebook'd (check it out, you know you want to) recently got together and had a kick ass BBQ.
When this was being planned, I volunteered to bring the dessert. I was pretty stoked at the time, since I had just gotten my Star Wars cookie cutters.

So the BBQ happened this past Saturday and I spend 2 days getting everything baked for it. I made sugar cookies, cupcakes and cinnamon buns. Man, what a lot of effort, but the results were well worth it.

For the cupcakes, I used a boxed cake mix (I haven't found a good recipe to try yet and I was under time constraints)

 

I'm quite happy with how they turned out. The Jawas are a little funny, but adorable the Yodas are .


I just LOVE the Admiral Ackbars (Or as I've been calling him, Admiral Snack-bar)


On to the sugar cookies! This is where I had the most fun! I used the same recipe as I did from the last batch.
These, I think anyway, turned out much better then last time.


These tasty Greedo treats won't shoot first :P


How about some Death Stars? I made the indent using a measuring spoon.


Utinni!


Darth Vader's are hard to ice, that's all I'm saying


It's a SNACK!


Thirty of us went out after her. Four of us came back. I'd be with them, only... after I lost my leg I just couldn't ride any more... until I heal. - Cliegg Lars (This cookie lost it's leg, so it made sense to make it a Cliegg) Oh, and Boba Fett


Princess Leias!!! So cute!


Just look at those Curvy Princess Buns (snicker)


The best part was that everyone loved them! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. The cupcakes WERE tasty! The cookies were melt in your mouth delicious!! I didn't get to the buns tho... next time, I'm bringing my own tupperware!!

    p.s. looking for good mixes? Try Williams-Sonoma :)

    ReplyDelete